The estates in Wilfersdorf came into the possession of the Liechtenstein family as early as 1436. In the 17th cent. Wilfersdorf had been the main residence of the Prince. Around 1720 the palace was rebuilt in baroque style but lost soon its importance afterwards. 1800 parts of the palace got demolished.
The House of Liechtenstein belongs to the most important maecenas of Europe. Castles and art collections prove till today the taste and knowledge of its Princely commissioners. Also at Wilfersdorf the Liechtensteins left important monuments: the palace and St. Niclas, the baroque parish church.
Behind its 18th cent. facade extends a wide and bright room, covered with elegant stucco works in Rococo style. A huge epitaph reminds of 3 princes buried in the crypt below the church.